Cookie Dough Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting
This creative recipe couldn't be easier — or more impressive! Made from a standard box mix, simply fold in cookie dough and then decorate with the unbeatable ganache frosting. What's not to love!? —Morgan Phillips, Charlottesville, Virginia
24 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, eggs, butter and
- vanilla; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Roll tablespoonfuls of
- cookie dough into balls. Drop into center of each cupcake. Top with
- remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
- clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks
- to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream