This creative recipe couldn't be easier — or more impressive! Made from a standard box mix, simply fold in cookie dough and then decorate with the unbeatable ganache frosting. What's not to love!? —Morgan Phillips, Charlottesville, Virginia
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup milk
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough
- 2 cups (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups one-third full. Roll tablespoonfuls of cookie dough into balls. Drop into center of each cupcake. Top with remaining batter.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small saucepan, melt chocolate chips with cream over low heat; stir until blended. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a small bowl; cover and refrigerate for 45-60 minutes or until mixture reaches spreading consistency, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cut a small hole in the corner of pastry or plastic bag; insert #20 star pastry tip. Fill bag with chocolate mixture; pipe cupcakes. Sprinkle with miniature chocolate chips. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Cookie Dough Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting in Taste of Home's Cupcake of the Week Newsletter 2009, p4/20/09
Reviews for Cookie Dough Cupcakes with Ganache Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review