Cookie Dough Brownies Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Combine flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in walnuts if desired.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 30 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Spread over brownies; chill until firm.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Immediately sprinkle with nuts, pressing down slightly. Let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Cookie Dough Brownies
Sort By :
"Very good! I doubled the cookie dough part like many suggested. I also made brownies as directed and thy were moist & good. Perhaps due to different oven temps some had problems or maybe they left them in too long."
"Very deep rich chocolate flavor. I also added a few tablespoons of mini chocolate chips to the cookie dough batter. I did not add any nuts to these brownies. I did cut the recipe in half and use a 8 by 8 dish to bake them for 25 minutes and the recipe turned out well."
"Very rich! Big glass of milk it's required :-)"
"Loved it! Awesome, delicious! Did take a long time to make, though."
"Brownies were a bit dry for our taste. I may have over cooked them slightly though. The filling and glaze were delicious. The Five Star Brownie recipe on this site is my all time favorite brownie for texture. I will try these again."