Cookie Dough Brownies Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Combine flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in walnuts if desired.
- Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 30 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool completely.
- For filling, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Spread over brownies; chill until firm.
- For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Immediately sprinkle with nuts, pressing down slightly. Let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
Reviews for Cookie Dough Brownies
Sort By :
"I have made this recipe many times over the last 15ish years, and every time I try to make it, the brownies are hard and dry. I have switched to a Ghiradelli boxed brownie mix and it comes out much better. I double the filling and ganache amounts, stir mini chocolate chips into the filling (for chocolate chip cookie dough, of course, how could you not?), and then serve them in small pieces, much like fudge. Also, I make the glaze in a double boiler rather than a microwave--easier to avoid burning the chocolate that way. Naturally, I only make this rich recipe when I'm going to a large gathering! But it's always loved."
"I add mini chocolate chips to the cookie dough, omit the nuts and halve the chocolate topping. I just drizzle melted chocolate over the top. These are rich and delicious!"
"Very good! I doubled the cookie dough part like many suggested. I also made brownies as directed and thy were moist & good. Perhaps due to different oven temps some had problems or maybe they left them in too long."
"Very deep rich chocolate flavor. I also added a few tablespoons of mini chocolate chips to the cookie dough batter. I did not add any nuts to these brownies. I did cut the recipe in half and use a 8 by 8 dish to bake them for 25 minutes and the recipe turned out well."
"Very rich! Big glass of milk it's required :-)"