Cookie Dough Brownies Recipe
When I take these rich brownies to any get-together, I carry the recipe, too, because it always gets requested. Children of all ages love the tempting "cookie dough" filling. This special treat is typically the first to be gone from the buffet table—even before the entrees! —Wendy Bailey, Elida, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min. + cooling YIELD:36 servings
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup canola oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, beat eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla until well blended. Combine flour, cocoa and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture. Stir in walnuts if desired.
- 2. Pour into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake 30 minutes or until brownies test done. Cool completely.
- 3. For filling, in a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour. Spread over brownies; chill until firm.
- 4. For glaze, in a microwave, melt chocolate chips and shortening; stir until smooth. Spread over filling. Immediately sprinkle with nuts, pressing down slightly. Let stand until set. Yield: 3 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 221 calories, 13 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC