Cookie Cupcakes Recipe
These cupcakes taste very similar to fluffy chocolate chip cookies and were the signature dish of my husband's Aunt Lois when I first married into the family. His mother began making them also and they are her most-requested dish. Even when making traditional desserts for holidays, she adds these cupcakes. She even gives them as gifts.—Sue Smith, Joaquin, Texas
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (6 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1. In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- 2. Spoon about 2 tablespoons dough into each of twelve paper-lined muffin cups, filling each halfway. Bake at 375° for 10 minutes or until edges are light brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, beat the brown sugar, egg and salt for 5 minutes or until lighter in color. Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.
- 4. Remove partially-baked cupcakes from oven. Spoon rounded tablespoonfuls of filling into the center of each cupcake. Bake 12-14 minutes longer or until deep golden brown. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 305 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 55 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC