Cookie Crust Fruit Pizza Recipe
This traditional fruit pizza comes from our Test Kitchen staff. Colorful produce, a thick cookie crust and a citrus glaze keep the divine treat memorable. For a version that cuts back on fat and calories, however, check out the recipe for Makeover Fruit Pizza.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling YIELD:16 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups halved fresh strawberries
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Press onto an ungreased 12-in. pizza pan. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until very lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth. Spread over crust. Arrange the strawberries, oranges and blueberries on top.
- 3. For glaze, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in pineapple juice and lemon juice until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Drizzle over fruit. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 16 servings.
1 slice equals 294 calories, 17 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC