- 1 package (17-1/2 ounces) sugar cookie mix
- 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1-1/2 cups peanut butter chips, chopped
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- 5 to 6 drops green food coloring
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2-2/3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup baking cocoa
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Prepare cookie dough according to package directions; add yellow food coloring if desired. Stir in peanut butter chips. Shape into 1-1/4-in. balls; place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Flatten slightly with a glass. Bake at 375° for 9-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Place coconut in a plastic bag; sprinkle 5-6 drops green food coloring into bag and shake until color is evenly distributed.
- In a small bowl, cream butter until smooth. Add the confectioners' sugar, cocoa, milk and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost the bottoms of 22 cookies; sprinkle with coconut. Top with remaining cookies and gently squeeze together. Yield: 22 sandwich cookies.
Reviews for Cookie Burgers
Sort By :
"I made these for a potluck and they were a hit once people realized they were cookies and not meat filled. Yes, they look like hamburgers! I had to tint extra coconut to finish the cookies and the mixture only made 18 total. Also, since it was a potluck I chose not to add the peanut butter chips in case of allergies. Delicious and fun, I will certainly make these again!"