Cookie Brittle Recipe
"This recipe originally called for chocolate chips, but my family and friends like it better when I use peanut butter chips," remarks Betty Byrnes Consbruck of Gainesville, Florida. "I often make it for unexpected guests."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- 2. Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil; coat with cooking spray. Gently press dough into the pan; sprinkle with pecans and press into dough.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Invert pan and remove foil. Break brittle into pieces; store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Cookie Brittle
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC