"This recipe originally called for chocolate chips, but my family and friends like it better when I use peanut butter chips," remarks Betty Byrnes Consbruck of Gainesville, Florida. "I often make it for unexpected guests."
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil; coat with
- cooking spray. Gently press dough into the pan; sprinkle with pecans
- and press into dough.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack. Invert pan and remove foil. Break brittle into pieces;
- store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 99 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 50 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.