"This recipe originally called for chocolate chips, but my family and friends like it better when I use peanut butter chips," remarks Betty Byrnes Consbruck of Gainesville, Florida. "I often make it for unexpected guests."
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/4 cups peanut butter chips
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Gradually add flour and mix well. Stir in peanut butter chips.
- Line a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan with foil; coat with cooking spray. Gently press dough into the pan; sprinkle with pecans and press into dough.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Invert pan and remove foil. Break brittle into pieces; store in an airtight container. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Originally published as Cookie Brittle in Quick Cooking March/April 1999, p9
Reviews for Cookie Brittle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review