Cookie Angels Recipe
These easy to assemble angels are sure to be popular with kids of all ages!
- 2/3 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 36 miniature pretzels
- 1 can (16 ounces) vanilla frosting, divided
- 1/4 cup confectioners' sugar
- Brown paste food coloring
- 18 yellow Life Savers
- 10 green Life Savers, crushed
- Decorating gels
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a small bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Set aside 1/2 cup of dough; divide remaining dough into three portions.
- 2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion into a 6-in. circle; cut each into six wedges. Transfer to ungreased baking sheets.
- 3. For angel heads, roll teaspoonfuls of reserved dough into 18 balls; lightly press onto pointed end of each wedge. Press a pretzel into each side for wings.
- 4. Bake 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- 5. For hair, in a small bowl, beat 1/4 cup vanilla frosting and confectioners' sugar until smooth; tint with food coloring. Press dough through a garlic press. Trim strands to desired length; place on heads. For halos, attach yellow Life Savers.
- 6. Frost gowns with remaining frosting; sprinkle with crushed Life Savers. Use decorating gels to add faces. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 283 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 182 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC