"These pretty layered parfaits are delectable," enthuses Carol Hagerty of Upper Arlington, Ohio. "You can easily make more for company, too."
- 25 miniature cream-filled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 egg white
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Dash salt
- 1/3 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- Set aside four cookies for garnish. Crush the remaining cookies; set aside. In a heavy saucepan, combine the egg white, sugar, water and cream of tartar. With a portable mixer, beat on low speed for 1 minute. Beat over low heat until egg mixture reaches 160°, about 12 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Add almond extract and salt; beat until stiff peaks form. In a bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; fold into meringue mixture. Spoon half the cookie crumbs into two parfait glasses; top with half of filling. Repeat layers. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until set. Sprinkle with almonds and garnish with reserved cookies. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Cookie 'n' Almond Parfaits in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p62
Reviews for Cookie 'n' Almond Parfaits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review