“After looking for the perfect BBQ sauce for 12 years, I tried making my own. After many attempts, I hit on the magic combination. Everyone who's tried it agrees that it's a winner.” —Phil Maine, Truckee, California
- 2/3 cup ketchup
- 1 pepperoncini, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- In a small saucepan, combine all the ingredients; heat through. Serve with chicken or pork. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Cook-Off Barbecue Sauce in Taste of Home August/September 2008, p14
Reviews for Cook-Off Barbecue Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2014
"This was very good."