Conversation Cupcakes Recipe
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/8 teaspoon butter flavoring, optional
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 to 2 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1 to 2 drops yellow food coloring, optional
- 1 to 2 drops blue food coloring, optional
- Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions for cupcakes.
- Place paper or foil liners in a heart-shaped or standard muffin tin. Fill cups half full of batter. Bake according to package directions for cupcakes. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, shortening, vanilla, butter flavoring if desired and milk until smooth.
- Divide frosting into fourths if desired; place in four separate bowls. Leave one bowl untinted. Add one color of food coloring to each of the other three bowls; stir until well blended. Frost cupcakes. Pipe untinted frosting around edges and decorate tops with Valentine phrases. Yield: 28 cupcakes.
Reviews for Conversation Cupcakes
Sort By :
"I'm baking these cupcakes for my daughter?s birthday party this year. We did a test run and she loved them so much that she wants me to make extras so her friends to take one home with them. I?m going to let the kids write their own message on the cupcake they take home.I checked online and found that Box and Wrap was a great place to get cupcake boxes. I have stickers, markers, and crayons so the kids decorate their own cupcake box. At least the extra baking will keep me from buying party favors to give the kids."
"A small ball of foil works great if you dont have a marble. These tasted great and looked so cute! If you are going to eat something sweet, it may as well be cute too!"
"Really cute! For the people that do not have heart shapped tins- put a marble on the outside of the paper liner in the tin- they turn out heart shapped!"