Zucchini are big and plentiful here, and people often joke about using them up before they multiply! Sharing zucchiniand zucchini recipesis a good neighbor policy. This colorful and easy recipe wins raves at church and school gatherings. Martha Fehl, Brookville, Indiana
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound zucchini (about 3 small), cubed
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute zucchini and garlic for 3 to 4
- minutes. Add the pimientos, corn, salt if desired and lemon-pepper;
- cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle
- with cheese and heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Diabetic Exchanges: One serving (prepared with low-fat mozzarella and without added salt) equals 1 vegetable, 1 meat, 1/2 starch; also, 131 calories; 107 mg sodium, 10 mg cholesterol, 15 gm carbohydrate, 8 gm protein, 6 gm fat.