Zucchini are big and plentiful here, and people often joke about using them up before they multiply! Sharing zucchini—and zucchini recipes—is a good neighbor policy. This colorful and easy recipe wins raves at church and school gatherings. —Martha Fehl, Brookville, Indiana
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound zucchini (about 3 small), cubed
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jar (2 ounces) diced pimientos, drained
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Saute zucchini and garlic for 3 to 4 minutes. Add the pimientos, corn, salt if desired and lemon-pepper; cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until zucchini is tender. Sprinkle with cheese and heat until cheese is melted. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Continental Zucchini in Taste of Home June/July 1993, p36
Reviews for Continental Zucchini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2015
"Great recipe for the summer garden bounty"