Continental Rice Recipe
I love this dish! It's quick and doesn't require a lot of shopping for ingredients, plus it goes well with many entrees.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen French-style green beans
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked instant rice
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute garlic in butter for 2 minutes. Add the broth, beans, mushrooms, basil and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered for 2 minutes. Add rice; cover and remove from the heat. Let stand for 8 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 147 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 403 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Continental Rice
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC