Continental Cheese Spread
Anyone watching their fat intake will be surprised that they can indulge in this spread with little guilt. Any leftovers can be spread on toasted bagels for alight lunch or snack. —Mrs. Thomas Wigglesworth, Absecon, New Jersey
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in the
- Parmesan cheese, parsley, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper until well
- blended. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers.
- Yield: 1 cup.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 38 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.