Continental Cheese Spread Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in the Parmesan cheese, parsley, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper until well blended. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cup.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 38 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Continental Cheese Spread
"I skipped the garlic and used extra onion. Also I substituted seasoned salt for the thyme. I like it better than a cheese ball because it spreads better."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.