Anyone watching their fat intake will be surprised that they can indulge in this spread with little guilt. Any leftovers can be spread on toasted bagels for alight lunch or snack. —Mrs. Thomas Wigglesworth, Absecon, New Jersey
- 1 package (8 ounces) fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced green onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Assorted crackers
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and milk until smooth. Beat in the Parmesan cheese, parsley, onion, garlic, thyme and pepper until well blended. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour. Serve with crackers. Yield: 1 cup.
Originally published as Continental Cheese Spread in Country Woman November/December 1993, p35
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Continental Cheese Spread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2009
"I skipped the garlic and used extra onion. Also I substituted seasoned salt for the thyme. I like it better than a cheese ball because it spreads better."