Contest-Winning Zucchini Pancakes Recipe
- 1/3 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded zucchini
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, cheese, pepper and eggs just until blended. Add the zucchini and mix well.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Drop batter by about 1/3 cupfuls into skillet; press lightly to flatten. Fry until golden brown, about 3 minutes on each side. Yield: 5 pancakes.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Zucchini Pancakes
Sort By :
We liked it the first time I made it. The second time I made it even better by adding fresh corn kernels that I cut from an ear of corn with a knife.
I used to make these for my toddler for lunch, or even dinner. He loved them, plus they have so much nutritional value with the zucchini and eggs, etc. Besides, I loved eating them too. I just ate them plain, but sour cream sounds good. Wonderful blend of flavors.
I added grated onion and a 1/2 tsp of oregano. I love this served with sour cream, but heard Greek cucumber sauce (for gyros) is also good. I serve this instead of potatoes.
I really enjoy these pancakes for lunch when I'm alone. Its a wonderful way to use my frozen shredded zucchini. I also add cooked pork sausage to make them more substantial. It then becomes a meal in itself.
I had aprehensions about this recipie but with so much zucchini, I had to try. I was pleasantly surprised. They were even good with syrup.