Contest-Winning White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
“This is my all-time favorite cheesecake recipe,” confides Janet Gill in Taneytown, Maryland, “and I have a lot of them! A friend gave it to me years ago and I’ve made so many of these delicious cakes over the years—even had them requested as birthday cakes. They always bring me compliments.”
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 40 min. Bake: 45 min. + chilling YIELD:12 servings
- 7 whole cinnamon graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- Red food coloring, optional
- Melted white chocolate
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs and yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in white chocolate. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is just set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. For sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in a few drops of food coloring if desired. Cool.
- 5. Spread strawberry sauce over top of cheesecake; drizzle with melted white chocolate. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece (calculated without white chocolate topping) equals 572 calories, 41 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 205 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC