Contest-Winning White Chocolate Cheesecake Recipe
“This is my all-time favorite cheesecake recipe,” confides Janet Gill in Taneytown, Maryland, “and I have a lot of them! A friend gave it to me years ago and I’ve made so many of these delicious cakes over the years—even had them requested as birthday cakes. They always bring me compliments.”
- 7 whole cinnamon graham crackers, crushed
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 4 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 large egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 8 ounces white baking chocolate, melted and cooled
- STRAWBERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- 1-1/2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
- Red food coloring, optional
- Melted white chocolate
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cracker crumbs and sugar; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom and 1 in. up the sides of a greased 10-in. springform pan.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, flour and vanilla until well blended. Add eggs and yolks; beat on low speed just until combined. Stir in white chocolate. Pour over crust. Place pan on a baking sheet.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is just set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight.
- 4. For sauce, in a large saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and water until smooth. Add strawberries. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in a few drops of food coloring if desired. Cool.
- 5. Spread strawberry sauce over top of cheesecake; drizzle with melted white chocolate. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece (calculated without white chocolate topping) equals 572 calories, 41 g fat (25 g saturated fat), 205 mg cholesterol, 348 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning White Chocolate Cheesecake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC