“I entered this recipe in a local fair, and it took first place! This is one of my favorites because all of the ingredients (except for the lime juice) came directly from my garden and bee hives.” —Carolyn Butterfield of Lake Stevens, Washington
- 2 cups seeded finely chopped watermelon
- 1/2 cup finely chopped peeled cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- Baked tortilla chip scoops
- In a large bowl, combine the watermelon, cucumber, onion, peppers and herbs. Drizzle with honey and lime juice; gently toss to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Watermelon Salsa in Healthy Cooking August/September 2008, p37
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Watermelon Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review