Contest-Winning Veggie Tortellini Soup Recipe
“Italian cuisine has more to offer than spaghetti and pizza. Just check out this mouthwatering, healthy soup. I’ve served it to company with rave reviews along with requests for the recipe.” —Priscilla Gilbert, Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Cook: 20 min. YIELD:7 servings
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) vegetable broth
- 2 medium zucchini, chopped
- 4 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 2 cups refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh rosemary or 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1. In a Dutch oven, saute carrots and onion in oil until onion is tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Stir in the broth, zucchini, tomatoes, tortellini, spinach, rosemary and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 8-10 minutes or until tortellini are tender. Just before serving, stir in vinegar. Yield: 7 servings.
1 cup equals 155 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 693 mg sodium, 24 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC