Contest-Winning Turkey Meatball Soup Recipe
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 celery rib with leaves, thinly sliced
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 cup uncooked egg noodles
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the broth, celery and carrot to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the egg, bread crumbs, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and pepper. Crumble turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls.
- 3. Add meatballs to the simmering broth. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until no meat is longer pink. Add noodles. Cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until noodles are tender. Yield: 5 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 193 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 545 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 13 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Turkey Meatball Soup
"I made this soup today and my family loved it. My daughters said the meatballs are delishious. I added a diced jalape?o to the onions. Really good lots of flavor. Will be making again."
"Awesome for people who don't eat red meat."
"Very delicious, healthy and simple soup! I added a little pinch of red pepper flakes to the beginning to give the broth a nice spice. Only thing I will do different next is add a little more seasonings to the turkey meat."
"This was a really good soup. Lots of flavor. This is a favorite."
"we used left over turkey carcass to make the soup, and we added in all the rest of the ingredients. de-lish!"
"Super comforting soup! Easy to prepare and have made several times and always terrific.I just add more broth to extend it. It really is a family favorite."