Contest-Winning Turkey Enchiladas Recipe
- 3 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe or green olives with pimientos
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches)
- 1 can (28 ounces) green enchilada sauce, divided
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Mexican cheese blend, divided
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the first 10 ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- 2. Place 1/2 cup turkey mixture down the center of each tortilla; top each with 1 teaspoon enchilada sauce and 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 8-10 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 537 calories, 21g fat (10g saturated fat), 76mg cholesterol, 1367mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 7g fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Turkey Enchiladas
"This recipe has a good flavor and I will try it again, but with corn tortillas. The flour tortillas turned gelatinous. Also, I would like it with guacamole, sour cream and salsa!"
"This was very good, but next time I'm going to sauté the onions so they aren't as crunchy . My husband and daughter don't like onions so they wouldn't eat them due to the crunchy onions."
"My family LOVES this recipe, but I suggest using the broth to make the rice and not using cooked rice + broth as the recipe suggests. It turns out VERY watery if you do this. Also, I use black olives, not green olives as seen in the picture."
"This is seriously one of the best enchilada recipes I've ever made! The green enchilada sauce makes this fabulous!!! I did add an extra tsp of cumin and some hot salt and pepper. My family ate it all and asked for more! Want to add that it does take longer than 40 minutes to prepare, but it is SO worth it!!!"
"i used chicken worked out great"
"I also used chicken instead of turkey and it was wonderful. The fresh cilantro makes all the difference!"
"Finally a recipe that contains all of the ingredients I love in Mexican cooking. I especially love green enchilada sauce. Thank you Beverly for a great dish and thank you TOH for printing it."
"I made this and took it to work to share with coworkers and everyone loved it! Freezes well too."