Contest-Winning Tropical Cheesecake Recipe
I don't bake many sweet items, but I like to put together this cheesecake for parties. The colorful fruit topping is refreshing, and the coconut gives each slice a delicious tropical taste. It looks pretty as part of a buffet.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. + cooling Bake: 45 min. + chilling YIELD:10-12 servings
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 to 4 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and halved
- 1/4 to 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine coconut and almonds; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cornstarch and beat well. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add sour cream, lemon juice and extract; beat just until blended. Pour over crust.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- 4. In a small saucepan, melt preserves, stirring to break up any apricot pieces. Arrange pineapple and kiwi on top of cheesecake. Brush preserves over fruit and on sides of cheese cake. Press coconut onto the sides of the cheesecake. Chill until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 315 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 131 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC