- 1 cup flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/3 cup apricot preserves
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 to 4 kiwifruit, peeled, sliced and halved
- 1/4 to 3/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine coconut and almonds; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add cornstarch and beat well. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add sour cream, lemon juice and extract; beat just until blended. Pour over crust.
- Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan.
- In a small saucepan, melt preserves, stirring to break up any apricot pieces. Arrange pineapple and kiwi on top of cheesecake. Brush preserves over fruit and on sides of cheese cake. Press coconut onto the sides of the cheesecake. Chill until serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Tropical Cheesecake
Sort By :
"Made this for a Seafood Potluck with friends, one of who must eat Gluten-Free. This was the only dish that was totally gone by the end of the evening and the last piece had to be divided because both people wanted it."
"This was so good, loved it the texture was great, I didn't have kiwi or the pinapple or apricot preserves so I used strawberries, tropical fruit mix, and peach preserves and it was great!!!!"
"I made this recipe the night I met the man who would be my husband. He told me later that he disliked coconut and kiwi, but he had 3 pieces of this cheesecake because it tasted so good! This was an easy and fun recipe to make, and it even turned a man who dislikes coconut into a fan!"