- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 cups fresh corn (about 9 ears of corn)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients. In a large skillet, saute corn in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in mustard. Add to vegetable mixture; toss to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Tomato Corn Salad
Sort By :
"I have made recipe several times and it has become one of my favorite salads."
"I just made this without the red onion and cilantro, since I didn't have any. Very good summer flavor, refreshing. If you are diabetic and can't eat this, I don't understand why you would give this recipe a bad rating. I can no longer eat shrimp because I'm allergic, but I don't post bad ratings on recipes that feature shrimp."
"Fabulous salad! Delicious warm or cold. I'm not a fan of cilantro so I substituted fresh parsley. I made this with the last fresh corn of the season ... didn't need 9 ears, I got over 5 cups using 6 ears, depends on the size of the ears I'm sure. So good with fresh vegetables and herbs from the farmstand and/or garden."
"This was AWFUL"
"I don't have access to fresh herbs unless I buy them at the store, do you think it would taste just as good using the spiced herbs? Really want to try this...sounds very light and refreshing. Thanks"