Contest-Winning Tex-Mex Lasagna Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (16 ounces) refried black beans
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce, divided
- 2-1/2 cups salsa
- 12 no-cook lasagna noodles
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat Monterey Jack cheese or Mexican cheese blend
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and cubed
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the beans, corn, jalapeno, taco seasoning and 3/4 cup tomato sauce.
- 2. Combine salsa and remaining tomato sauce. Spread 1/4 cup into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Layer with four noodles (noodles will overlap slightly), half of the meat sauce, 1 cup salsa mixture, 1/2 cup Monterey Jack cheese and 1/2 cup cheddar cheese. Repeat layers. Top with the remaining noodles, salsa mixture and cheeses.
- 3. Cover and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until edges are bubbly and cheese is melted. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Serve with sour cream, avocado and onions. Yield: 12 servings.
1 piece equals 381 calories, 13 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,170 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.