- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Cut roast in half; rub with brown sugar. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour apple juice and soy sauce over roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cover and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Contest-Winning Teriyaki Pork Roast
Sort By :
"I made this for dinner tonight. Big hit my mom had seconds!!"
"I want to make a correction about the roast.....there is no such thing as a "shoulder butt roast" A shoulder roast and a butt roast are on opposite ends of the pig. Butt roasts are the better cut as they have less fat than shoulder roasts."
"I made this for Sunday dinner. Everyone raved about it! I added peeled sliced carrots the last half of cooking time. Definitely one of our "go to" favorites!"
"A big hit with the whole family! So easy to make!"
"So good! Like other reviewers, I didn't have apple juice on hand so I used 1c unsweetened apple sauce. Added green onion, 2-3 cloves chopped garlic, and 1/2-1T chopped gingerroot to the sauce. At the end, I strained the juices in a mesh strainer and ended up thickening the sauce on the stove because it wasn't happening very fast in the crockpot. Served with brown rice & mixed veggies (blended together). Definitely my go-to recipe for pork roasts."