How good is this dish? Well, Debbie Dunaway in Kettering, Ohio says it’s the only kind of meat her two young kids will eat and enjoy—other than hot dogs! It's also incredibly easy to make and simply delicious!
- 1 boneless pork shoulder butt roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened apple juice
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- Cut roast in half; rub with brown sugar. Place in a 5-qt. slow cooker. Pour apple juice and soy sauce over roast. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cover and keep warm. Skim fat from cooking juices. Mix cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into juices. Cover and cook on high for 15 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Teriyaki Pork Roast in Simple & Delicious January/February 2007, p33
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Contest-Winning Teriyaki Pork Roast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review