Contest-Winning Tangy Potato Salad Recipe
My potato salad is so easy, I can quickly put it together in the kitchen of our trailer home on the lake. I've shared the recipe with our three daughters, and it's become a signature dish with all of them. Our grandchildren eat it up.
- 8 cups cubed peeled cooked potatoes (about 11 medium)
- 10 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- 1 carton (8 ounces) French onion dip
- 1/2 cup dill pickle relish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Leaf lettuce, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, bacon and eggs. In a small bowl, combine the dip, relish, salt and pepper. Stir into potato mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Serve in a lettuce-lined bowl if desired. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 189 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 57 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC