Contest-Winning Taco Casserole Recipe
- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups nacho tortilla chips, crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, salsa, tomatoes and taco seasoning. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with tortilla chips. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Taco Casserole(12)
Sort By :
We leave out the tortilla chips to save on calories since we are trying to lose weight. We also use 1pd ground turkey to cut out fat and calories. Still super yummy. We love it and make it often.
A big hit with hubby and teenage son! Up the spice level by choosing medium or hot salsa. Very tasty and easy to prepare. I'll definitely make it again.
Quick question - when it calls for Nacho tortilla chips, does this mean just plain tortilla chips or something like Doritos?
What a pleasant surprise. My family was hesitant to try this recipe but to their surprised and a whole lot of "kudos" this recipe won rave reviews and asked is a winner at our table. The only changes I made was to add taco flavored cheese and taco flavored chips to give it the real taco kick.
My family LOVES this!!
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Beef Casseroles >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Casseroles >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cinco de Mayo Dinners >
- Cinco de Mayo Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Casserole Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Hamburger Casserole >
- Kids Lunch Recipes >
- Mexican Casserole Recipes >
- Mexican Casseroles >
- Mexican Dinners >
- Mexican Recipes >