- 3 cups uncooked bow tie pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 jar (16 ounces) salsa
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups nacho tortilla chips, crushed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Add the cheese, salsa, tomatoes and taco seasoning. Drain pasta; stir into beef mixture.
- Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with tortilla chips. Bake 10 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 7 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Taco Casserole
"Quick and easy! We welcome the leftovers! Yum!"
"Love this recipe. I add Gluten free penne pasta (12oz) Green chilies. Love it ! It even taste good cold the next day!!"
"Even my picky eater friend loves this and makes it often now."
"used nacho cheese tortilla chips. will add black olives to it next time."
"Quick and easy, tasty used a can of chili tomatoes as we didnt have plainSomeone asked what kind of chips, any kind you like would work, just adds a little crunch"
"Made this dish based on the other reviews and was not impressed. Neither was my family. The noodles just don't belong with the taco flavor. Will not be making this again."
"We leave out the tortilla chips to save on calories since we are trying to lose weight. We also use 1pd ground turkey to cut out fat and calories. Still super yummy. We love it and make it often."
"A big hit with hubby and teenage son! Up the spice level by choosing medium or hot salsa. Very tasty and easy to prepare. I'll definitely make it again."
"Quick question - when it calls for Nacho tortilla chips, does this mean just plain tortilla chips or something like Doritos?"
"What a pleasant surprise. My family was hesitant to try this recipe but to their surprised and a whole lot of "kudos" this recipe won rave reviews and asked is a winner at our table. The only changes I made was to add taco flavored cheese and taco flavored chips to give it the real taco kick."