Contest-Winning Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet potato (14 ounces), peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- MANGO CHUTNEY MAYONNAISE:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- 1. In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, cayenne and pepper. Cut sweet potato into 1/4-in. strips. Add to egg mixture, a few at a time, and toss to coat. Add to the crumb mixture, a few at a time; seal bag and shake to coat.
- 2. Arrange potato strips in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; drizzle with oil. Bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, turning occasionally.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder and salt. If desired, sprinkle parsley over fries. Serve with mango chutney mayonnaise. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 365 calories, 10g fat (2g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 763mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (24g sugars, 5g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Sweet Potato Fries
"These came out perfect. I shortened the cooking time by about 5 min because they were done."
"Very Good - a little different than restaurant style Sweet-Potato fries."
"This is the sweet potato fries recipe I have been searching for!!! I had almost given up on a good homemade sweet potato fry, all the recipes I had made for them always turned out soggy :( These were delicious and perfect amount of crispy on the outside!!! YUMMMMMM"
"I use Panko crumbs and love this recipe for the potatoes - delish!!"
"Easy to make and the Parmesan cheese really adds to the flavor. I cook mine for about 5 minutes less than the recommended time and they're fantastic."
"Next time I want to figure out a way to get the breading to stick a bit better. Great flavors!"
"Everyone likes them, a good way to introduce sweet potatoes into everyday menus."
"This is a great way to fix Sweet Potatoes! My husband will even eat them when I make these fries. Definitely a must try."
"We really like this alot, and it was easy to make. Kids eat sweet potatoes this way."
"Our family loved these fries!! I added a little bit of seasoning salt to the coating ingredients and we dipped them in a dressing/dip combination made by Kraft called pure Kraft Barbeque Ranch.....yum yum!!!"
"A great recipe!! I find that the sauce is what really makes these fries stand-out. You can use other sauces (ranch, honey mustard, etc.) and the mango chutney is not something you normally keep in your pantry, but, it really brings out the flavor of the fries.Also, for a lighter version, I use egg substitute instead of eggs and light mayo. You'll never taste the difference!"
"I love sweet potatoes....so of course I loved these! I could have eaten them all. Healthier than regular french fries too. I make the oven baked fries for my family, again healthier option."
"My husband and I love the blend of flavors of this recipe. We make the sweet potatoes in medallion sliced instead of like fries. It is much easier that way."
"I loved these fries!! I did not make the mango sauce, however, because I did not have any mango chutney. My family just dipped them in ranch, and they were delicious."