- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large sweet potato (14 ounces), peeled
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- MANGO CHUTNEY MAYONNAISE:
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Dash salt
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a shallow bowl, whisk egg and water. In a resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, cayenne and pepper. Cut sweet potato into 1/4-in. strips. Add to egg mixture, a few at a time, and toss to coat. Add to the crumb mixture, a few at a time; seal bag and shake to coat.
- Arrange potato strips in a single layer on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray; drizzle with oil. Bake at 450° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp, turning occasionally.
- In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, chutney, curry powder and salt. If desired, sprinkle parsley over fries. Serve with mango chutney mayonnaise. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Sweet Potato Fries
"Very Good - a little different than restaurant style Sweet-Potato fries."
"This is the sweet potato fries recipe I have been searching for!!! I had almost given up on a good homemade sweet potato fry, all the recipes I had made for them always turned out soggy :( These were delicious and perfect amount of crispy on the outside!!! YUMMMMMM"
"I use Panko crumbs and love this recipe for the potatoes - delish!!"
"Easy to make and the Parmesan cheese really adds to the flavor. I cook mine for about 5 minutes less than the recommended time and they're fantastic."
"Next time I want to figure out a way to get the breading to stick a bit better. Great flavors!"
"Everyone likes them, a good way to introduce sweet potatoes into everyday menus."
"This is a great way to fix Sweet Potatoes! My husband will even eat them when I make these fries. Definitely a must try."
"We really like this alot, and it was easy to make. Kids eat sweet potatoes this way."
"Our family loved these fries!! I added a little bit of seasoning salt to the coating ingredients and we dipped them in a dressing/dip combination made by Kraft called pure Kraft Barbeque Ranch.....yum yum!!!"
"A great recipe!! I find that the sauce is what really makes these fries stand-out. You can use other sauces (ranch, honey mustard, etc.) and the mango chutney is not something you normally keep in your pantry, but, it really brings out the flavor of the fries.Also, for a lighter version, I use egg substitute instead of eggs and light mayo. You'll never taste the difference!"