Contest-Winning Sweet Potato Casserole Recipe
- 2-1/4 pounds sweet potatoes (about 3 large), peeled and cubed
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cherries, chopped
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl; mash. Cool slightly. Stir in the egg whites, syrup and vanilla.
- Transfer to an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Combine the pecans, brown sugar, butter and cinnamon; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with apricots and cherries. Bake 5-7 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 160° and the fruits are heated through. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Sweet Potato Casserole
Sort By :
This was awesome. I used light olive oil instea of butter to make it a bit healthier. I also added some more cinnamon. This tastes 10 times better the next day cold, not that its not good right from the oven either!
AMAZING! I love this dish! I've made it a few times now and I just can't get enough of this sweet potato! My friends and family love it too. Thanks for a great recipe! :)