This is an easy dish to prepare and is a perfect addition to that special holiday meal. The topping is flavorful and gives a nice contrast of textures. —Pam Holloway, Marion, Louisiana
- 7 large sweet potatoes (about 6 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 oatmeal cookies, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook just 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes with butter. Add marmalade, orange juice, brown sugar, salt and ginger. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Toss cookie crumbs with butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until browned. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Bake in Country December/January 2001, p49
Reviews for Contest-Winning Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review