Contest-Winning Sweet Potato Bake Recipe
- 7 large sweet potatoes (about 6 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 oatmeal cookies, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook just for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain
- Mash potatoes with butter. Add the marmalade, orange juice, brown sugar, salt and ginger. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Toss cookie crumbs with butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until browned. Let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Sweet Potato Bake(4)
Sort By :
Different, but tasty. Did not put in ginger and sprinkled some bread crumbs on top instead of the oatmeal cookiess.
Very tasty. Will make again.
very good and tasty
i usually make the sweet potato bake with the cranberry pretzel topping for our family gatherings. made this for thanksgiving yesterday for something different. it was good - but not as colorful and festive as the other dish. nice flavor though.