This is an easy dish to prepare and is a perfect addition to that special holiday meal. The topping is flavorful and gives a nice contrast of textures. —Pam Holloway, Marion, Louisiana
Featured In: 19 Side Dishes Made in a 13x9 Pan
- 7 large sweet potatoes (about 6 pounds), peeled and cubed
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup orange marmalade
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 12 oatmeal cookies, crumbled
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 400°. Place sweet potatoes in a Dutch oven and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook just 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes with butter. Add marmalade, orange juice, brown sugar, salt and ginger. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Toss cookie crumbs with butter; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until browned. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Sweet Potato Bake in Country December/January 2001, p49
Reviews for Contest-Winning Sweet Potato Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Nov. 12, 2013
"Different, but tasty. Did not put in ginger and sprinkled some bread crumbs on top instead of the oatmeal cookiess."
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2013
"Very tasty. Will make again."
Reviewed May. 6, 2012
"very good and tasty"