Contest-Winning Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts Recipe
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and cayenne; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk egg white; add nuts and cranberries. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts
Sort By :
I replaced the pecans and dried cranberries with almonds (so 1.5 cups almonds total) to up the nutritional content (more protein and fiber, for less calories), and did not pack my brown sugar, just did a quarter cup of loose sugar. Will keep the almonds, will pack my brown sugar next time!! The flavor will be a little better I suspect. VERY easy to make, mine turned out crispy.
Quick easy and good
I just made these in preparation for a Christmas Eve party. After sampling, I'm going to make a 2nd batch right away!
I made this recipe last fall. My husband took some to work. Three guys asked for the recipe. When I made it the second time, I split the batch and sent some home with both of my adult kids. They've been begging me to make more. Very, very good recipe!
Great recipe,easy to assemble, no mess. What's not to like? I used parchment paper, no sticking. Will make again. Thanks Joan