- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 egg white
- 1 cup salted cashews
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup dry roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- In a small bowl, combine the brown sugar, cinnamon and cayenne; set aside. In a large bowl, whisk egg white; add nuts and cranberries. Sprinkle with sugar mixture and toss to coat. Spread in a single layer on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 300° for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown, stirring once. Cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3-1/2 cups.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Sugar 'n' Spice Nuts
"I just now made this, because I had a lot of cashews to use and needed a tv snack idea. Yummy and easy! I wasn't able to follow the recipe exactly because I had no peanuts or cranberries, but I used extra unsalted cashews, extra pecans, and raisins instead of cranberries. My nuts were unsalted so I added a little salt to the spice mix to make up for it. The seasonings are really nice - not too hot, and don't worry if the nuts don't seem crispy enough right out of the oven, they are just right when cooled. I didn't even have much sticking on the pan. This recipe really is easy and adaptable and just plain good!"
"I forgot to turn them over halfway through cooking and they were still great. Pretty easy to make also. I could have been just as happy without the dry roasted nuts. Pecans and walnuts are my favorites. Might try using just those two nuts the next time."
"Quick easy and good"
"I just made these in preparation for a Christmas Eve party. After sampling, I'm going to make a 2nd batch right away!"
"I made this recipe last fall. My husband took some to work. Three guys asked for the recipe. When I made it the second time, I split the batch and sent some home with both of my adult kids. They've been begging me to make more. Very, very good recipe!"