Contest-Winning Strawberry Salsa Recipe
Guests often try to guess the secret ingredient in this. None think of strawberries...but many ask for the recipe. Our six children—all daughters—are grown, and we have 10 grandchildren. Knitting is among my hobbies, so I plan on making an afghan for all 16 of them. So far, I've finished 10!
- 2-1/2 cups finely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup prepared Catalina salad dressing
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- Pepper to taste
- Tortilla chips
- In a large bowl, combine the strawberries, green pepper, onions and parsley. Stir in the salad dressing, hot pepper sauce and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Strawberry Salsa in Country Woman May/June 1998, p33
Sweet Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet red wine.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Strawberry Salsa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2013
"I was expecting too sweet but it was surprisingly fresh"
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2011
"I brought this to a couple picnics and it has been a big hit! easy to make and delicious!"