Contest-Winning Strawberry Pretzel Dessert Recipe
I love the sweet-salty flavor of this pretty layered dessert. Sliced strawberries and gelatin top a smooth cream cheese filling and crispy pretzel crust. I think it's best when eaten within a day of being made. -Wendy Weaver Leetonia, Ohio
- 1/3 cup crushed pretzels
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup whipped topping
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons strawberry gelatin powder
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. In a large bowl, combine pretzels and butter. Press onto the bottom of two 10-oz. greased custard cups. Bake at 375° for 6-8 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spoon over crust. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Cover and refrigerate for 20 minutes or until slightly thickened. Fold in strawberries. Carefully spoon over filling. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 516 calories, 27 g fat (18 g saturated fat), 62 mg cholesterol, 458 mg sodium, 64 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Strawberry Pretzel Dessert
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC