Contest-Winning Strawberry Jam Bars Recipe
I bake for a group of seniors every week, and this is one of the goodies they request most. I always keep the ingredients on hand for last-minute baking emergencies. Give these bars your own twist by replacing the strawberry jam with the fruit jam of your choice. -Karen Mead Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup finely crushed cornflakes
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until smooth. Add egg; mix well. Gradually add dry cake mix and cornflakes. Set aside 1-1/2 cups for topping. Press remaining dough into a greased 13x9-in. baking pan.
- 2. Carefully spread jam over crust. Sprinkle with reserved dough; gently press down. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack. Cut into bars. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 192 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC