Contest-Winning Strawberry Chicken Salad Recipe
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- 1. Place salad greens in a large shallow bowl. In rows, arrange the onion, pineapple, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber and strawberries. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 10 servings.
1-1/2 cups (prepared with fat-free vinaigrette) equals 130 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Strawberry Chicken Salad
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.