Contest-Winning Strawberry Chicken Salad
This salad is similar to one I loved at a local restaurant. When we moved away, I created my own version. It goes together in minutes and is perfect for picnics. But it makes a wonderful main dish salad anytime. --Michelle Hallock, Warwick, Rhode Island
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- Place salad greens in a large shallow bowl. In rows, arrange the
- onion, pineapple, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber and strawberries.
- Sprinkle with blue cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 10
Nutritional Facts: 1-1/2 cups (prepared with fat-free vinaigrette) equals 130 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 538 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 11 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.