This salad is similar to one I loved at a local restaurant. When we moved away, I created my own version. It goes together in minutes and is perfect for picnics. But it makes a wonderful main dish salad anytime. --Michelle Hallock, Warwick, Rhode Island
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced and separated into rings
- 1/2 cup cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 packages (6 ounces each) ready-to-use grilled chicken breast strips
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3/4 cup raspberry vinaigrette
- Place salad greens in a large shallow bowl. In rows, arrange the onion, pineapple, chicken, tomatoes, cucumber and strawberries. Sprinkle with blue cheese. Drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Strawberry Chicken Salad in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p37
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Strawberry Chicken Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review