Contest-Winning Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup refrigerated French vanilla nondairy creamer
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries, thawed
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, creamer, sugar and lemon peel until blended. Fold in whipped topping and strawberries. Transfer to a freezer container; freeze for 4 hours or until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 2 quarts.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Strawberry Cheesecake Ice Cream
Sort By :
"I just have a question. I was wondering if Greek yogurt or vanilla yogurt would work as a replacement for the Cool Whipped topping? I'm trying to eat healthier and this recipe is perfect as is but may be healthier if I used yogurt. Any thoughts?"
"Just perfect!!!Lovely creamy texture, everybody liked it.Next time I will try the recipe with blueberries."
"Very good recipe. The ingredients call for refrigerated nondairy creamer so I used liquid. I agree that we don't need to go on and on about the recipe if we don't approve. We all know which foods we shouldn't live on. Desserts eaten now and then won't kill us, in my opinion."
"Round of applause to coppertop from me! Desserts are a treat and whilst it's nice to discuss ways of changing them for people who are diabetic etc it's unfair to flame if this isn't your thing.I hate cottage cheese with a passion so wouldn't try a recipe with it in. If you feel the same about other ingredients, walk on by.Not all recipes are for everyone.Now for my comments on the actual recipe.YUMMMMY!The first time I made it I absolutely loved it and I'm making it again today at almost immediate repeat request as a birthday treat, however, this time I'm putting some broken up graham crackers in as well just to give it that extra little touch. I kind of like that in a cheesecake ice cream!!"