Contest-Winning Roasted Red Potato Salad Recipe
“My love for Southwestern flavors led me to create this party-perfect dish. I’ve been experimenting with smoked paprika for a while and discovered that it’s an ideal addition to this recipe.”—Kelly Faust, Louisville, Kentucky
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. Toss potatoes with oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; place in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- 2. For dressing, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the chilies, paprika, garlic powder and remaining salt and pepper.
- 3. In a large bowl, combine the corn, onion, red pepper and potatoes. Add 1 cup dressing and cilantro; toss to coat (save remaining dressing for another use). Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 236 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 457 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC