Contest-Winning Roasted Red Potato Salad Recipe
- 2 pounds small red potatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 can (15-1/4 ounces) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 small sweet red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup minced fresh cilantro
- Toss potatoes with oil, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; place in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 400° for 30-35 minutes or until tender, stirring once. Cool slightly.
- For dressing, in a small bowl, beat cream cheese and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the chilies, paprika, garlic powder and remaining salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the corn, onion, red pepper and potatoes. Add 1 cup dressing and cilantro; toss to coat (save remaining dressing for another use). Serve immediately. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Roasted Red Potato Salad
Sort By :
I've already made this a few times and I love it. I have used green onions, rather than red, just because I like them better. It is wonderful at room temp or warm, but is still okay cooled.
This recipe was a big hit at a birthday party I went to recently. Was looking for something new and interesting to try and this recipe fit the bill. This dish was full of flavor. The only change I made was to use Fiesta Corn instead of regular corn. Will be making this again. Served at room temperature.
I am making it again. I made it for the family and am being requested to do it again. Great flavors and a nice twist on a standard.
Again. doesn't cut it! I would make it again, again and again! I used a part of a container of Kraft Cooking Creme Cheese Original, because that is what I had on hand amd it was WONDERFUL!
I used 3lbs of potatoes and put all the dressing on. I thought it was tasty, and a really nice counter point to the spicy burgers we served with it.