Contest-Winning Reuben Casserole Recipe
I came across this recipe 25 years ago, and now it's one of my favorites. Sauerkraut, kielbasa and Swiss cheese combine for a creamy, Reuben-style entree. —Sally Mangel, Bradford, Pennsylvania
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2/3 cup condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 can (8 ounces) sauerkraut, rinsed and well drained
- 1/3 pound smoked kielbasa or Polish sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 3 tablespoons soft whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the soup, milk, onion and mustard; set aside.
- 2. Spread sauerkraut into a 1-qt. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Drain noodles; place over sauerkraut. Layer with soup mixture and kielbasa; sprinkle with cheese.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine bread crumbs and butter; sprinkle over casserole. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until bubbly. Yield: 2 servings.
2 cups (prepared with reduced-fat butter) equals 587 calories, 37 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 109 mg cholesterol, 2,315 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Reuben Casserole
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC