Contest-Winning Raspberry Ribbon Pie Recipe
It's fun to go out as a family and pick raspberries to make my mother-in-law's pie recipe. We always freeze some berries, so we can make this pie year-round.
- 1 cup crushed vanilla wafers (about 30 wafers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 package (3 ounces) raspberry gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Additional whipped cream and fresh raspberries
- In a small bowl, combine the wafer crumbs and butter; press onto the bottom and up the sides of an ungreased 9-in. pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add the sugar, raspberries and lemon juice. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1-1/2 hours.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add vanilla and salt. In another bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Fold into cream cheese mixture. Spread 3/4 cup over bottom of crust.
- Spread 3/4 cup raspberry mixture over the top; repeat layers. Refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight before serving. Garnish pie with additional whipped cream and berries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Raspberry Ribbon Pie in Country June/July 2002, p49
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Contest-Winning Raspberry Ribbon Pie(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Berry Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Jello Pie >
- July 4th Desserts >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Desserts >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Make Ahead Desserts >
- Make-Ahead Recipes >
- Memorial Day Desserts >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- Pie Baking >