- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, beat egg whites and cream of tartar on
- medium speed until soft peaks form. Beat in remaining water.
- Gradually beat in remaining sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time on high
- until stiff glossy peaks form.
- Pour hot raspberry filling over custard. Spread meringue evenly over
- hot filling, sealing edges to crust. Bake at 325° for 15-18
- minutes or until meringue is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack for 1
- hour. Refrigerate for at least 3 hours before serving. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 328 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 91 mg cholesterol, 186 mg sodium, 58 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.